General Liability Insurance

General Liability Insurance is designed to protect against legal liability to pay compensation for personal injury to a third party, or damage to property belonging to a third party, if the incident occurs in connection with your organisation.

General Liability Insurance also covers your organisation for any legal liability to pay compensation where a third party is injured (or their property damaged) as the result of negligence, products manufactured, sold, distributed or supplied by your organisation.

Additionally, Community Underwriting's General Liability Insurance includes cover for:

  • Liability to volunteers who suffer injury whilst volunteering
  • Legal costs and expenses incurred when defending a claim
  • Liability caused by people on work experience

Note it is important to ensure that Product Liability is included in your policy if relevant. This is particularly important if you sell food or products, either as part of your day-to-day activities or as part of a fundraising effort.

The operating margin of a community organisation is usually fairly slim. Imagine then having to withstand the financial impact of a sudden liability. This situation could be potentially devastating to a community organisation’s operational future.

A General Liability Insurance policy will protect your organisation, staff, management committee, members and volunteers against any injury or property damage they may be responsible for while they are performing duties for or on behalf of your organisation.

This will ensure you can continue operating long into the future, doing what you do best - helping the community.

Does your organisation hold General Liability Insurance?

Contact your broker for further information or use the link below to Request a Quote.

Request a quote for your community organisation, it's easy!

Other Products

P &C Insurance package

Community Underwriting provide Healthy Kids Association members with a competitive package which ensures a minimum level of insurance coverage for all Parents’ Associations.

Learn more

Association Liability

Association Liability insurance is designed to protect a community organisation and its Directors, Office bearers, employees and voluntary workers for liabilities that arise out of the work of the organisation.

Learn more

Voluntary Workers Personal Accident Insurance

Voluntary Workers Personal Accident insurance provides financial compensation and cover for defined out-of-pocket expenses if an accident results in the injury or death of a volunteer.

Learn more

Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance

To ensure protection, a community organisation should purchase its own vehicle coverage. Commercial Motor Vehicle insurance covers loss or damage to motor vehicles owned by your organisation and your legal liability to third parties for property damage.

Learn more

Property insurance

Business Package insurance provides cover for your buildings and contents if they are damaged by a defined event, such as fire, storm, impact damage, accidental damage, vandalism or malicious damage.

Learn more